If there is one thing for sure about animal lover’s, it’s that cats (or insert animal species of your choice here______) are like potato chips, you can’t have just one!
Invariably this can cause some tension now and then between animals within a household, and even between one animal and several people in a household.
We have boiled it down to two things the people need, and three things the animals need, to help minimize the stress, and help everyone stay younger, longer!
For the people it’s really just two things:
- The willingness to believe that animals are trying to tell you something, and you are trying to understand what it is,
- The willingness to put ego aside and really listen and respond to what they are ‘saying’, even if it we don’t really like what it is! Allow them to have their own opinion, so to say.
That’s it! That is all you have to do! Not that hard, right?
Now for the animals, they need three things:
- Enough space, including a bed, of their very own. Make sure each animal has enough space relative to its species (a rat needs a big enclosure but a dog needs an even bigger one!). Animals need a safe space they can feel safe in and call their own. How many beds? Always aim for at least one more than animals, so they can have a choice of where to spend their time.
- A secure, feeding place and dish of their own. No one wants to feel like they have to share if they don’t want to. Each animal in the family is entitled to their own food dish, and to be safe and secure while eating meals so they can’t be bullied by anyone else during meal times.
- Play time! This is your daily bonding time! Take a moment to look them over from top to bottom each day (grooming too is even better), have some loving eye contact, and get a little exercise. Even if it’s only for a minute, this is the reason why we have animals in the first place. So take time to enjoy them each day. Exercise helps keep them, and us, young!
For more in depth on this, check out my LIVE broadcast above.
Thanks so much for tuning in! On that note, I’m DrQ, here to help you both, stay younger, longer. If you find this helpful, please like, follow, and share on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook. AND have a great day! 🙂