Cat Health Services and Treatments
Does your kitty get stressed out at the vet's office? Well, we were 'fear free' before that was a thing, and do our best, to ensure your kitty has the best experience possible with the least amount of stress.
For pain and arthritis, we offer acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, and laser treatments, often avoiding painful and expensive surgeries.
We will teach you how to care for your pet's teeth at home, but if they do need more advanced dental care, we do so using the least amount of medication possible to ensure your pet has a quick painless recovery.
We also have the only Digital Thermal Camera in the area, a noninvasive way to help us find pain and inflammation in the body of a patient who can't tell us where it hurts, and even help us decide if a growth on the body is likely to be benign or not without painfully sampling it.
We use a common sense approach to our treatment plans because at the end of the day the animal's quality of life and your relationship with that animal is what matters most.
At Aspen Park Vet Hospital we specialize in the following cat health services for cats of all ages, breeds, and circumstances:
- Acupuncture: With our gentle acupuncture therapy, we get excellent results in cats in anything from anxiety to allergies and inflammatory bowel disease to arthritis. Click here for a video about Acupuncture and Aquapuncture.
- Allergy Testing: Cats commonly face a number of allergens that can cause a wide variety of symptoms, allergy testing can help us to identify and properly treat the root cause of some issues
- Anesthesia: We have the facilities, equipment, medicine, and knowledge to ensure your cat stays safe while under anesthesia
- Bathing and Hygiene: Proper feline hygiene is an important component of a healthy happy lifestyle
- Behavior Services: Your cat's behavior is not genetically inherent, but can be learned and unlearned with your commitment and our help
- Boarding: If you are going on a trip and want to make sure that your cat is well taken care of, our staff can ensure high-quality affordable care
- Cancer Treatment: Our communicative, community approach to cancer treatment makes all the difference for you and your cat
- Cardiology: Our first-rate facilities, equipment, and professional knowledge allow us to get to the heart of your cat's health and wellness matters
- Dental Care: Our knowledge and dental experience can help prevent and treat your cat's dental conditions, including periodontal disease. Click here for a video demonstrating how to clean your pet's teeth!
- Dermatology: While, diagnosing skin conditions early is highly beneficial in treatment if a skin condition has already developed, it must be addressed before it worsens
- Deworming: Intestinal parasites are a danger to both your pet and your family, so let us ensure that your cat is protected from worms
- Diagnostic Imaging: Diagnostic imaging allows our veterinarians and technicians to accurately diagnose your cat's condition so that the proper treatment can be prescribed
- Emergency Care: We specialize in comprehensive emergency care, and our facilities are designed to address any veterinary emergency your cat may have
- Eye Care: Our doctors are trained to recognize feline specific eye disease and choose treatments based upon efficacy and your cat's tolerance to specific treatments
- Flea & Tick: We employ safe and effective flea & tick treatments for your cat's health and happiness
- Heartworm Prevention: We specialize in heartworm education prevention, diagnosis, and treatment for your cat
- Kitten Care: We help you learn to care for your kitten through education and nutritional awareness while providing the proper preventive medical treatments
- Laboratory: Our laboratory testing services mean faster and more accurate diagnostics and treatments for your cat
- Laser Therapy: Our cold laser therapy is a tool used to treat cats for post-operative pain, arthritis, and other inflammatory conditions. It is painless and well tolerated by all cats. Click here to see laser therapy in action on one our rescue horses at the ResqRanch!
- Medications: When your cat requires medication our doctors will provide the right prescription
- Microchip ID: Microchipping is the best way to aid in having your cat returned safely should he or she become lost
- Nutrition: We will address the specialized nutritional requirements for your cat in different life stages and to aid in the management of certain illnesses. Click here for a video demonstrating a quick, easy, and healthy whole food diet for your pet!
- Pain Management: We specialize in effective and compassionate pain management for your cat regardless of age, ability or condition
- Preventive Care: Our comprehensive preventive care program is the first step to ensuring that your cat has a long healthy life
- Semi-Annual Wellness Exams: A cornerstone of preventive care, semi-annual wellness exams help prolong life by allowing health issues to be identified and addressed early
- Senior Care: We understand the special needs of aging cats, and we will partner with you to provide the optimal plan for your aging feline. Click here for a video packed with tips specifically for senior pets.
- Spay or Neuter: We provide a safe and painless surgical experience for your cat. Click here for a video about caring for a recently neutered cat.
- Surgery: Our facilities, equipment, and staff offer your cat the best option for a successful surgery and recovery
- Vaccinations: Our veterinarians will recommend an individualized and personalized vaccination protocol based on your cat's needs